Friday, April 18, 2008

Meltingen to Grellingen

Today was a beautiful day for a hike! My friend and I decided to hike from Meltingen to Grellingen, the reverse of a previous planned hike that got detoured somehow. We both decided that it was much easier to follow the trail this direction. We hopped on the S3 train from Basel SBB to Laufen, then the 111 bus to the MeltingerbrĂĽcke stop. I think the whole trip took about 45 minutes to an hour. Then we just followed the wanderweg yellow diamonds and signs to Grellingen.

It was sunny and got up to about 18°C (65°F). The trail was a bit wet and muddy in some places but all in all was no problem to hike along. The bärlauch is still growing strong, and we could smell it as we passed by. There were a lot more flowers out, and many more of the trees are springing forth with little green leaves. We even saw a couple of butterflies. I was able to get a pretty good photograph of one of them. It landed in a patch of violets, which made a nice backdrop for the colors on its wings. This is definitely a hike to repeat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I love your photos of Dorneck as I grew up there in the 50's and 60's. My family still lives in Dornach.
I hope it is ok to download them for myself to look at.
I studied Chemistry at Basel University and worked at Roche, but am a winemaker in Australia now.
Best wishes,
Suzanne
www.sarsfieldestate.com au

The Big Finn said...

Beej -
Long time no see!

Beejum said...

Hi TBF, Yeah, computer issues here...I have some blog entries started, hopefully can finish them sometime soon.

Suzanne, Thank you! I'm glad you like the photos, please enjoy them all you want, and good luck with your winery! It definitely looks like an interesting life. :)